Sunday, January 26, 2014

Oh to be a kitten

What joy would it be to live life like a kitten? Simple pleasures. Get rubbed all the time. No worries. No commitments. No responsibilities. It sounds like bliss to me, especially on days like today that are filled with tired eyes from homework and a hungry stomach from laziness of not wanting to cook.

I love my kitten. She is so happy and fun. Today she spent about 3 hours playing with a ping pong ball and an empty paper towel roll. I have countless technologies and things that should keep my attention but I still find myself in a state of boredom after about 10 minutes of anything.

No matter how long I leave her in the tiny room, with her only company being a washer and dryer, she always runs to me purring excited for attention. I don't think my boyfriend would still love me if I locked him in a tiny room for 6 hours.

5 comments:

  1. The joy about pets..They are always happy to see you! My kitten wants attention after I spank him for getting into the garbage can! It is nice to have a little companion that can keep themselves company with the smallest of things. My cat played with a bread bag tie the other day for hours. i wish life was as simple for us…but to dream.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a cat for a day! My cat is the same way, she loves me no matter what...but she is so lazy! However, she does come out every morning for her small bowl of milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! Great Post!! Animals are just so accepting and loving for no good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my kitty laying in the sunshine. I would wonder how my life would be if I was a cat, just lounging around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be nice? To sit in the sun on a warm day just enjoying the world. To have someone bring you dinner every night. Your post makes me just want to curl up for the rest of the day and be a cat.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete